Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Woozad - Tech Intelligence Daily
    Button
    • AI & Machine Learning
    • Apple
      • iPhone
        • iPhone 17
        • iPhone 17 Pro
        • iPhone 18
        • iPhone 18 Pro
        • iPhone Air
        • iPhone Fold
        • iPhone Ultra
    • Mac
      • Mac mini
      • Mac Studio
      • MacBook Air (M5
      • MacBook Neo
      • MacBook Pro
      • macOS 27
      • macOS Tahoe 26
    • Apple Watch
      • Apple Watch SE
      • Apple Watch Ultra
      • watchOS
    • AirPods
      • AirPods Pro
    Woozad - Tech Intelligence Daily
    Home»PlayStation»Destiny Developer Bungie Reportedly Laying Off a “Significant Number” of People
    PlayStation

    Destiny Developer Bungie Reportedly Laying Off a “Significant Number” of People

    WoozadBy WoozadMay 22, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Destiny Developer Bungie Reportedly Laying Off a “Significant Number” of People
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Bloomberg says the studio is not working on Destiny 3.



    Bungie

    Bungie, the PlayStation studio behind Fatepredicts a “significant number” of layoffs, according to Bloomberg. The report came shortly after the studio announced it was ending active development on Destiny 2 to start working on his next games. Bloomberg says, however, that Bungie has no new projects in the works and does not plan to begin work on them immediately. Destiny 3.

    The studio will instead focus on its latest game Marathonits first-person shooter released in March, perhaps in an effort to develop the kind of features and updates that would entice more players to sign up. Marathon didn’t perform as well as Sony had hoped, and it resulted in a $560 million loss for the company for the quarter that ended after the game’s release. Bungie had already moved a few Fate staff at Marathon team in recent months, indicating that it is dedicating more resources to a struggling game.

    It’s not entirely clear whether Bungie has any solid plans for Destiny 3 at this stage, or if it is possible that the game will not take place at all. Staff members have reportedly introduced new projects, including titles for the Destiny franchise, but Sony has not approved any of them. For now, fans can still look forward to Destiny 2 latest live service update, Triumph Monumentwhich will be deployed on June 9. The studio plans to keep the game’s servers online and keep it playable for years to come, but as IGN note, fans are worried about the possibility that Sony will completely shut down the studio like it did Blue dot. If you recall, Bluepoint was a first-party studio behind many PlayStation remakes and even wanted to work on Transmitted by blood before it is closed.

    Sony bought Bungie in 2022 for $3.6 billion, a few years after the studio’s exit Destiny 2. Shortly after the Sony acquisition was completed, the company laid off staff and delayed the release of Marathon and the expansion that Bungie was working on for Destiny 2 at the time. Fate was once one of the most popular online games, but its sequel didn’t quite live up to Sony’s expectations after acquiring the studio.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticlePure vs. Remarkable Paper Remarkable 2: What’s new and what’s stayed the same
    Next Article Trump postpones executive order on AI surveillance
    Woozad
    • Website

    Related Posts

    An hour-long PlayStation State of Play is planned for June 2

    May 20, 2026

    Sony increases PS Plus prices for one and three month subscriptions

    May 18, 2026

    Survival Horror game Hollowbody launches for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S on June 5

    May 10, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy policy
    • Discleamer
    © 2026 ThemeSphere. Designed by ThemeSphere.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.